Friday, June 4, 2010

Cupcakes!

Now, I do not pretend to be the cupcake aficionado like my friend Laura, but I decided to try these out. These cupcakes have 166 calories per serving. I love chocolate. Right now my family is doing a fitness challenge, and I'm trying to walk/run/swim eight miles a day, so I figured I could spare a few calories for a much needed chocolate break.
After a long/short day of cleaning houses, I wanted a bite of chocolate. I bought the ingredients for these cupcakes while planning for my meals this week, and I waited a whole day before I made them.
First, in a small bowl I beat 4oz of fat free cream cheese, 1/3 cup of sugar, and egg product for about a minute.


Next, I mixed the batter in a large mixing bowl. It contains 1 cup of sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla. SO GOOD!
Finally I spooned the batter into a cupcake pan, and topped it with the cream cheese topping and granola.

They tasted good, let me tell you! They are not pretty, but they came out okay. Now I'm going to work-out for about two hours to burn everything off.
Tonight, we eat creamy chicken enchiladas!

1 comment:

  1. these sound great! the fitness challenge sounds great also!

    ReplyDelete