Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Sloppy Joe. Slop, Sloppy Joes!

I disappeared from this site for a while, my apologies. It's been a busy couple of weeks for my family, but I have still been cooking. So, this might take awhile to log all of these meals, but I will start with Sloppy Joes.
I used to love Sloppy Joes when I was younger. It's not the most healthy recipe, however, so I found a recipe for a healthier version in my Healthy Meals cookbook.
This recipe calls for a lot of veggies. I chose to use onion, squash, and zucchini. I have to tell you that I love slicing zucchini! It has such a smooth feel to it. The knife just goes right through like I am slicing my hand through water, or cutting through a banana that is perfectly ripe.  I would eat zucchini every day if my life allowed for it. They are so beautiful.
Okay, okay. Back to the recipe. First I thawed some ground beef. I browned it in a skillet with half of an onion and a clove of garlic.
Next I added the cut veggies.
I covered the mixture and let it simmer for about five minutes. I added 16oz of Mild Salsa.
I served it over a toasted Hawaiin rolls, and enjoyed it with my husband. He liked it too!
It had a very "garden" taste to it. I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment