Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Holidays Are Approaching

Now I know what you are all thinking; I have made some delicious treat to share with you? I'm sorry to tell you that you are mistaken.
I am here, however, to tell you that soon and very soon I will be posting some delicious holiday recipes.
Tonight, for my weekly family dinner with my parents and siblings, I am in charge of making a salad. Now, usually that would mean something relatively uneventful and boring, but we have a theme this week: Thanksgiving.
My family has a very rigid Thanksgiving food tradition, and although I don't consider myself a picky eater perse, I am very particular about what is had at holiday meals. I ate a delicious thanksgiving dinner with my husband's family this year, but I did feel as though something was missing. Therefore, since all of my siblings spent the day with their significant others, we are having another Thanksgiving dinner.
My menu: Pistachio Pudding. This is an extremely easy, extremely inexpensive dish that takes about three minutes to prepare--perfect for my busy schedule today. It is a congealed salad that sounds and looks disgusting (it's green!), but tastes wonderful. It is one of my favorite holiday dishes.
So, for you (all of my avid readers, haha), I will post this delicious yet unappealing salad for you in the near future.

I am also here to tell you that after December 18th, I will be cooking again! For the next several months (as I try to save money for the new member of our family we will meet soon), I will be on a mission to find the cheapest, yet healthy recipes that I can. I will begin posting breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, and dessert recipes. Since I'm trying to keep myself from gaining eighty-five pounds with this pregnancy, these meals will be as healthy and calorie-conserving as I can make them. I will search for healthy (and tasty) substitutions, and find deals on groceries to help you save money as well.
So, all that to say: STAY TUNED!

No comments:

Post a Comment